Jeff,

Thanks for providing this information.

I will look into this tonight but I expect your changes can be
incorporated without harm or side-effect.
I created the EmptyHttpServletResponseImpl as the lightest implementation
to nullify any usage of the HttpServletResponse.
Using a wrapper instead allows one to access the original response which is
exactly what I wanted to prevent, but anyone doing so should be careful anyway.

You also wrote in a previous message you encountered a problem with missing
taglib classes. Could you tell me which these were, and when they are accessed?
I'm puzzled because I created this portlet version of the mail-reader demo and
didn't have this problem yet.

Ate Douma

Jeff Sheets wrote:
I think I have a better fix now, and I would be happy to submit a
patch if someone shows me how.

I changed the EmptyHttpServletResponseImpl into a
EmptyHttpServletResponseWrapper.  Then I modified this line in
StrutsPortlet, line 269:
                if (actionRequest) {
                    res = new EmptyHttpServletResponseImpl();
                }
to this:
                if (actionRequest) {
                    res = new EmptyHttpServletResponseWrapper(res);
                }

Weblogic seems to be okay with it, and now I feel much better about
the code itself.
-- Jeff