Jeff Sheets wrote:

Ate,
Actually, now that I look at it, it was only missing the
src\java\org\apache\struts\webapp\example\CheckLogonTag.java file.  I
believe I saw the compile error when trying to access the logon
screen, or possibly the register screen.
I scanned the source tree and you are right: it is still referenced
from the app.tld although I stripped it usage from the sources.
It seems Weblogic actually scans the tld and requires each referenced
tag implementation class to be present. Tomcat/Jasper doesn't have this
'requirement' :-)
I'll remove the reference from the app.tld too this evening.
Thanks for the report!

Could you tell me if the ServletContextProvider spi interface implementation
was easy for Weblogic?
I have a report from another dev team using the Struts-Bridge on Vignette
Application Portal (successfully) who needed to change the interface to be able
to realize the implementation.
(Guys, if you are reading this: I haven't found the time yet to see if I
can incorporate your requirements but I have that still on my todo list.)

Maybe if could be interesting to create a repository of spi implementations
for different portals providing a quick start for new users.
Would you be allowed and willing to submit your implementation under ASF
license?

Regards, Ate

Also, I suspect Weblogic might be accessing the original response anyway, although this should be a bug in their code.

And I must say, great working in writing the struts bridge!  This will
save us many hours when we portletize our apps!

Thanks!
-- Jeff