Lydia,
Relative to Jetspeed, you are asking about tracking the interaction
between the user and the portlet.  In that case, it is up to the
portlet, i.e. JSP or MySearchPortletType, to collect that information.
None of the current portlet types, i.e. WebPagePortlet, collect the kind
of information you are requesting.

Some of this information you are looking for may be in the web server's
log file.

Paul Spencer