From: Glen Carl - CSC [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 10:53 AM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Re: J2ME Phone and Jetspeed

I recommend learning more about J2ME, since it is very different from
WAP/WML (think client side). Download the J2ME toolkit, and build a
Midlet to interface with Jetspeed. Another wireless technology to
consider is Qualcomm's BREW http://www.qualcomm.com/brew/ . Again you
will need to build some client side interface.

Here are some starter links:

SUN's J2METM Wireless Toolkit
http://java.sun.com/j2me/

Motorola's iDen starter page.
http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/developer/developer_home.jsp

A link to some more intro on J2ME.
http://ayg.com/j2me/Index.po

Has anyone set up some SVG or FLASH interfaces with Jetspeed? For the
past year, I have expected to see more wireless interfaces with SVG, but
I guess market conditions have impacted this movement.

Glen

Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
(831)656-4543
[EMAIL PROTECTED]