From: ??? [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 October 2002 01:10
To: Jetspeed Users List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Chinese version of JetspeedLocalization.properties

I think you can make your own JetspeedLocalization_zh.properties file.
Let me explain how I let Jetspeed to display korean.

1.
Copy JetspeedLocalization.properties to

$TOMCAT_HOME$/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/jetspeed/modul
es/localization/JetspeedLocalization_ko.properties

2.
Open

$TOMCAT_HOME$/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties
and edit following lines.
    locale.default.language=ko
    locale.default.country=KR

3.
Edit
    JetspeedLocalization_ko.properties

(!) If I write Korean characters directly in that file, they are oddly
displayed in Jetspeed screen. I believe that Chinese characters will
behave samely. To solve it, I executed native2ascii.exe in JDK/bin. If I
enter a Korean string in the native2ascii console, escaped string (sth
like \uc548\ub155\ud558\uc138\uc694) is printed. I copied & pasted that
escaped string in the JetspeedLocalization_ko.properties file. And it
works. :)

4.
Restart Tomcat.

Did it work for you?