On Monday 14 October 2002 19:53, David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Im in the process of upgrading Jars in Jetspeed, Turbine and Torque
> specifically, think Im getting pretty close now.
>
> I think we should drop soap.jar, and include the latest version of Axis.

Btw... Axis is version 1.0 finally :-)

> I don't think that soap.jar is used in any portlets, since the
> StockQuotePortlet does its own Soap.
>
> Im at xerces-2.0.2.jar and xalan-2.3.1.jar
>
> If you could document how to include Axis in the Jetspeed distributable,
> I'd be glad to commit the changes

Thanks for the fast reply.  I 'm still on jetspeed 1.4b1 running on Tomcat 4.1
with JDK1.4.1

Basically the merge is very easy. There are only 3 files which collide
with jetspeed, one is the obligatory web.xml file
the other one the soap.jar which axis replaces packagewise and the third one
seems to be the xalan file which has to be replaced/removed.

What I did was following:
I merged both web.xml files into a working file (I will post it tomorrow)
I removed the soap.jar and xalan.jar (the JDK1.4.1 has a xalan which works
with Axis the Xalan from 1.4b1 didn work). I'm still not sure where
the problem was, but the wsdl compiler threw me errors with the old Xalan
Jetspeed had. I personally
think that Axis needed a newer version of Xalan than Jetspeed did and the JDK
after a small check had the Xalan libs in its rt.jar, so basically they must
be newer.

And then I basically merged both directory structures into one. Thats
basically it. As I said it works so far on my 1.4b1 based install, but I
still have butterflies in my stomach due to the "dirty" merge I did.

I dont have access now to the altered web.xml, but I will post it tomorrow,
this should give a headstart to merge the systems. The build however should
be done in the long run on a source level, I guess.

But believe me merging jetspeed and Axis results in a killer app...
I will post a small example tomorrow evening as well in this thread.