First sorry david, I send it to you only at first so you'll have it twice !

> De : David Sean Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> I think that perhaps you have found a new feature to add to the core.
> That is, if the user doesn't have a profile, create one or
> direct them to the customizer.

I (for my project needs) will implement a fully working one, cause we
already have an application that creates user, but we don't want to
completely modify it so that it creates psml, roles... so I said I'll do it
at the login, all that our other app will have to do is create a
turbine_user (or equivalent).
I saw Pierre has completed my first draw and is not so far from the solution
too, so when I'll get back to user creation in jetspeed I may have not much
to do !

Another feature that I'd like to have : CHECK that the psml retrieved is
still good... Else you have a "Unable to fetch pane" error (it happens when
tomcat is not properly shut down, and recently I had this error on the
anonymous pane... and noone here do log as anonymous so I don't understand
how it happened !!!!).

This "bug" is clearly awful, you have to rebuild the psml "at the end" in
db... So I wanted something that checked if the psml was good, and if not
replace it by the default one... Or better, I'll take a look at the part
where Tomcat writes those psml (in my case I'm using dbpsml, nice work)
cause I think it should commit after checking that the psml is good or
something like that.

> However, if one were extending JLoginUser and wanted to still get the
> default logon behavior, wouldn't you call its doPerform first
> like this:
>
> public class MyLogin extends JLoginUser
> {
>
>     public void doPerform(RunData data) throws Exception
>     {
>         super.doPerform(data);
>     }

Sure, that's what my own login does (also I do it at the end if there was no
trouble in my part ...), this was only a try to understand the working of
classes :)

> Also take a look at the JetspeedAccessController. It is
> responsible for
> getting the profile.

Didn't know that one, I'll take a look.

Thx for comments,