you need to define your tags in the web.xml file as well

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Anderson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 12:57 PM
To: 'Jetspeed Users List'
Subject: JSTL deployment

Hello from a newbie,

Apologies for submitting a question on a trivial matter but I've been given
a (very) short time to assess Jetspeed for a project and have a question:

The project will require JSTL to be used in the portlets. Using Win 2000 and
Jetspeed 1.4-4b, I have the JSTL.jar file in the /WEB-INF/lib folder and the
tlds in WEB-INF/templates/jsp/tld. Any attempt to use the tags gives a
org.apache.jasper.JasperException saying that it is unable to load the
class.

Any pointers to what I need to do to get JSTL to run would be gratefully
received.

Thanks,

Martin Anderson

The Hub Communications