Hi Raphael,

--- "Luta, Raphael  (VUN)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I understand correctly your request in regards to the
> JSR 168, you would like to be able to develop a client based portal
> that leverages the portlet components developped against the JSR168
> API. Is that correct ?
>
> I think that what you can do in this case is implementing
> a portal "server" on the client, with client side technologies that
> interact with a remote portlet container over the network, for
> example
> through WSRP. In such a setup, your client can control exactly the
> aggregation behavior and still leverage any JSR 168 portlets through
> WSRP.
>
> Since JSR 168 assumes a server-based aggregation process, it can not
> answer alone your requirement but OTOH I don't think it's a
> showstopper
> since WSRP will perfectly handle this requirement.
>
> Am I missing something here ?

  Are you suggesting that in order to accomodate client-side
technologies that a browser plugin 'portal server' would be necessary?
Users would reject this outright.  I really don't see how this would
solve the problem.  It is the whole interaction model that is the
problem, not where the 'portal server' lives.

rgds,
Gerry Reno