De : Helmut Tammen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Sorry,
>
> Iīve forgot to say that this version of the PDK is only
> running with IE,
> but the release 6.0 of SAP Enterprise Portal should be browser
> independent (Iīve heard). Unfortunetly there is no PDK available yet.
>
> I didnīt want you to switch from Jetspeed to SAP EP neither
> did I want
> to leave the impession that this product is the best Portal
> at all. It
> has itīs drawbacks like any other products but itīs worth a look
> especially because of itīs client side capabilities.
> Canīt be bad to have a look at products from competitors, can it!?

I can't agree more but I'm still rather unconvinced by portal solutions
relying heavily on advanced client-side behavior whatever their benefits
are in terms of GUI: too complex to properly develop in a portable way
because the meaningful standards aren't properly implemented by all
vendors and you have too high a risk of hitting costly C/S type deployment
issues and tying your desktop solutions to your server solutions.

Of course, your mileage may vary :)

--
Raphaël Luta - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/

Vivendi Universal - HTTP://www.vivendiUniversal.com:
material of Vivendi Universal which is for the exclusive use of the
individual designated above as the recipient. Any review, retransmission,
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact immediately
the sender by returning e-mail and delete the material from any computer.
If you are not the specified recipient, you are hereby notified that all
disclosure, reproduction, distribution or action taken on the basis of this
message is prohibited.