Hi Jamey,

maybe you've found about by now, but anyway ...

I'm using jetspeed with iPlanet5.1 and went through almost the
same steps that you described.

> 3. when I try to create the example users (turbine, anon), my directory
> says it encountered an object class violation.

As you will know, object class violations occur when an entry does not
conform to the schema of their class. For example, I misspelled an entry
when I manually imported the schemas. Maybe you should doublecheck your
schemas for spelling and completeness.
I then imported the users and groups, etc. as follows:
  1. log to iPlanet as "cn=Directory Manager";
  2. directory server -> tasks -> import databases;
  3. choose jetspeed.ldif from the jetspeed distribution.

> Are these example users or do they have some special meaning to the
Jetspeed
> code? It appears Jetspeed wants to bind as "anon" when I start it.

As far as I have understood, the user "anon" provides the resources for
the default page that shows up when the user has not logged in yet.
The settings of the user "turbine" provide a template for the settings
of newly created users, and the "admin" user is equipped with administration
privilegdes, e.g. for managing users.

> What goes in the objectdata attribute? Looks like some data that's base64
> encoded.

I think the objectdata attribute is used to store a serialized hashtable
with user-specific information. During execution it can be accessed via
the rundata.getUser().get/setPerm() functions.

Tâm