Hi,

[...]

#2 is no problem. For the application server it makes no difference
whether the classes are located in WEB-INF/classes or in a jar in
WEB-INF/lib.

I have a separate Eclipse project for my classes, all in packages of my
own. For deployment, I unpack the jetspeed.war into a directory, copy my
own stuff there (thereby overwriting some files) and then package
everything into a .war file again. For the properties, I use the
OverwriteProperties class as in the tutorial.

The advantage is that it is a lot easier to switch to a new jetspeed
version.

Cheers
--
Holger Dewes