From: karthikeyan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 7:15 PM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Re: Compile errors :Building jetspeed examples

Jportal should work !!!

My suggestion is build using source of Jetspeed, with flexibility.

Steps for NOVICE:
1) Did you succeed with Jetspeed alone?
=>  Nopes,I didnt succeed. This too gives compilation errors very much
similar to jportal compilation.
 I am referring to jetspeed 1.4 version available at jakarta site, which i
have downloaded.

2) Did you follow EXACT procedure to compile and run JPORTAL? (pl. note
that it is modified for new version of jetspeed including latest CVS!)

=> I am following the procedure which available in bluesunrise.com site
which updated last week only.

3) what about: Jetspeed.jar
=>  I have mentioned jetspeed-1.4.jar in build.properties file already,
build.xml is using this.

4) Compile first Jetspeed followed by Jportal (you can get rid one
error/warning OFF logically)

5) Are you in hurry?  hotdeploy... or stepwise?   e.g., ant tutorial-1
instead of ant tutorial-all....
the list is endless and every error/warning during compilation will
GUIDE you..

Goodluck

=>  I am running war , compile task only.It works find until it reaches
compile task.
 I have modified setting like this:
---------------------------------
jetspeed_home=D:\\Jetspeed\\jetspeed-1.4
 catalina_home=C:\\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27
 portlet_app_name=myjportal
 company=com.shail.jportal
 jetspeed_jar=\\bin\\jetspeed-1.4.jar
 jetspeed_war=\\bin\\jetspeed.war
 jetspeed_lib=\\WEB-INF\\lib
 jetspeed_conf=\WEB-INF\\conf\\
 It is finding path and files correctly,but looks like this jportal jar file
is incomplete as build errors show that
code expects some more variable from classes which are not that complete. I
am using jportal.jar file mentioned in jetspeed tutorial from
bluesunrise.com (http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed-docs/jportal.jar)

Thanks a lot

typical setting if you are using tomcat/mysql/jetspeed-src/ (it works
for me...)

# testing 12345
#
# typical settings with source