From: "Karthik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 9:24 AM
Subject: Converting the existing application into portal framework

Hi All,

I have just started to work on portal implementation of our Web Application
using Jetspeed-1.5.

My present scenario is:

 1. I have a working web application.

 2. I have to implement the portal concept into my web application.

 3. I have downloaded the Jetspeed1.5 war file and deployed into my
Application server (I’m using Jboss).

My doubts are:

 4. Now, how should I convert the existing application into individual
portlets and where should I deploy these portlets.

 5. Will my portlet application work independently or will I be required to
deploy my portlet application inside the      JetSpeed.

 Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Best regards,

Karthik.G

---