Hello,

I'm developing a jetspeed portlet, which runs an application on the server with some parameters given by the user as input and produces an output file that should be available for downloading.

The application runs, the file is created but I'm having a problem with the download implementation: the file should be available to, and only to, the user who had ran the portlet. This means that I can't just copy the file to a folder in the portal, because any user would have access to it.

I've tried putting the output file in a "hidden" directory (such as the user's psml dir) and download it through the HttpServletResponse, but I keep getting "getWriter() has already been called for this response" exceptions.

So, do you guys have any idea of how to implement this?

Thanks for your attention,
~Paolo Victor