David/Scott:

OK, thanks to your input, I think I am finally ready to dig in. Here
would be my initial development guidelines:

Portlets -> WEB-INF/deploy
Decorations/Layouts Resources -> WEB-INF/deploy
Jetspeed2 Component Customization/Configuration -> Jetspeed2 Maven
Plugin merge/deploy
Other Resources -> treat as editable data files that will eventually be
deployable
PSML -> treat as editable data files that will eventually be deployable
as files and/or stored in the database as live data

Only modifications that will be contributed to the Jetspeed2 project
should be made in the native Jetspeed2 product trees/sandbox.

Thanks guys,

Randy Watler