[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Dear List,

I am trying to configure Jetspeed 1.5 (Tomcat 5; SuSE Linux 9.1 pro)
to work with mySQL 4.0.18 and am experiencing a problem. It started with
me getting the same NullPointer error when trying to deploy my application,
but I wanted to be sure it was Jetspeed-1.5 before I posted, so I used nothing
but factory stuff to reproduce the problem.

Why do you create 3 different databases?

mysql> create database jetspeed;
mysql> use jetspeed;
mysql> source src/sql/external/turbine-mysql.sql;
mysql> source src/sql/external/populate-mysql.sql;
mysql> create database torque;
mysql> use torque;           # belt and suspenders
mysql> source src/sql/external/turbine-mysql.sql;
mysql> source src/sql/external/populate-mysql.sql;
mysql> create database turbine;
mysql> use turbine;          # more belt and suspenders
mysql> source src/sql/external/turbine-mysql.sql;
mysql> source src/sql/external/populate-mysql.sql;
mysql> quit