Hi,

I have built and deployed Jetspeed2 to Tomcat5.0.27
and accessed the portal fine.
Then I tired to deploy a portlet that worked fine in
the Pluto portal, and got the following exceptions:

  On the web page:
VelocityViewServlet : Error processing the template

Invocation of method 'getCurrentPortletEntity' in
class org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool
threw exception class java.lang.NullPointerException :
null
org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException:
Invocation of method 'getCurrentPortletEntity' in
class org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool
threw exception class java.lang.NullPointerException :
null
  at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifier.java:193)

  from the Tomcat's console: (actually, this error
happens even without my custom portlet being
deployed....)
CNF: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.layout.MultiColumnPortlet:

  in the Tomcat's log file:
2004-08-27 16:32:37 StandardContext[/jetspeed]
Velocity  [error] RHS of #set statement is null.
Context will not be modified.
/WEB-INF/decorations/portlet/html/jetspeed/decorator.vm
[line 17, column 1]
2004-08-27 16:32:37 StandardContext[/jetspeed]
Velocity  [error] RHS of #set statement is null.
Context will not be modified.
/WEB-INF/decorations/portlet/html/jetspeed/decorator.vm
[line 19, column 1]
2004-08-27 16:32:37 StandardContext[/jetspeed]
Velocity  [error] Method getCurrentPortletEntity threw
exception for reference $jetspeed in template
/WEB-INF/decorations/portlet/html/jetspeed/decorator.vm
at  [21,14]
2004-08-27 16:32:37 StandardContext[/jetspeed]
Velocity  [error] VelocityViewServlet: Exception
processing the template:
org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException:
Invocation of method 'getCurrentPortletEntity' in
class org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool
threw exception class java.lang.NullPointerException :
null

  I did modify the
%TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/pages/default-page.psml

file and added a fragment for my portlet:
  <fragment id="30" type="portlet"
name="EventsCalendarPortlet::EventsCalendarPortlet">
      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="row"
value="3" />
      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="column"
value="0" />
  </fragment>

Did I miss something?

Thanks!