See comments below.

--- "Chamberlain James O. CONTR J9C998"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been digging through the design documents and
> cvs looking at how
> the security is handled in Jetspeed 2. I am
> interested in having
> Jetspeed authenticate & authorize against LDAP
> instead of the database.

Regarding authentication, mapping to LDAP will be
quite straightforward.  It will basically require an
LDAP implementation of the UserSecurityHandler and
CredentialHandler and a change to the default assembly
configuration.

> One question that I have is: How will Jetspeed deal
> with users being
> created, updated, and removed with it's knowledge?
> If for instance I
> hooked it to Active Directory and used the default
> AD tools to admin the
> users and groups how would Jetspeed deal with these
> users and groups
> changing.

This brings up an interesting question.  For creation
and deletion of user, the user attribute backing
store/stores will need to be updated as well.  This
may require some level of asynchronous work (message
beans or some other mechanism) to keep security and
profile in sync.