Exist Softwarelabs
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Ryan Adorable [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Viernes, 22 de Octubre de 2004 09:32 p.m.
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Subject: JSR168 portlet problem on jetspeed1

       the only thing constant is change.

  Hi,

      I'm creating a JSR168 compliant version of Database Browser portlet
and I encountered a problem on PreferencesValidator.

  It seems that, the validate() method from the class defined in
preferences-validator of portlet.xml is not being invoked during .store() of
PortletPreferences object.

  Also, the ability to change the JSR168 portlet title is missing.  I
already tried, overriding getTitle() method of GenericPortlet and
response.setTitle("SomeTitle").

  When I deploy the same portlet to Pluto, validate() and getTitle() is
invoked.

  Is this really a problem or i'm just missing something required to have
this stuffs working?

  Thanks in advanced.

  Ryan Adorable
  Software Engineer