Vin,

I would add that you should upgrade to 1.4.2...

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott T. Weaver
To: Jetspeed Users List
Sent: 11/22/04 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: PROBLEM Deploying JetSpeed on Tomcat

Hi Vin,

That JDK won't work with J2 because of the preferences bug.  See:
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/PrefsClassloaderIssuesAndSdk14

Vin Conjee wrote:

>Randy,
>
>I am using JDK 1.4.1_02-b06.
>
>Thanks
>-Vin
>
>--- Randy Watler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Vin,
>>
>>What version of the JDK are you using?
>>
>>There are known issues with prefs and early 1.4
>>versions.
>>
>>Randy

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds
discuss people."  - Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEdit, Website Content Management    *
*     <http://www.openedit.org>           *