Hi Brian,

Jetspeed uses the Apache Software License v2.0 which is very business friendly, much more so than any of *GPL licenses. Basically you can use and change the software as you see fit without having to commit those changes back. However, it is a nice gesture if the changes make are generally useful ;)

That being said, the general, non-technical apache email is [EMAIL PROTECTED] you may also want to direct them to the license page, http://www.apache.org/licenses/.

hth,*
*
Brian Bacsu wrote:

Hi

We would like to utilize Jetspeed as part of a project we are deploying, but our legal department has some questions regarding licensing issues for Jetspeed.

I am wondering who I could contact regarding this.

Thanks,

Brian Bacsu
Sr. Technical Consultant
Computer Sciences Corporation
voice: (519) 454-4253
cell: (248) 797-8168
fax: (519) 454-4589
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss
people."  - Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEdit, Website Content Management    *
*     <http://www.openedit.org>           *