Dan Moore wrote:
Jonathan,

1. I don't think David's suggestions were implemented; I think that the
focus has been on 1.6/2.0.

2. I'm not sure if all databases need this amount of rebuilding, or
just oracle, since I've only used oracle.  I've seen some folks on this
mailing list who use mysql or mssql or sybase--they might be better
folks to ask.

Rebuilding for all databases except HSQL is recommended for 1.6. 2.0 does NOT have this annoying requirement!

Hope to put out a 1.6 release near the end of the month.
Can't promise, but I'll try to get in the jar-per-database solution.
If anyone wants to contribute a patch it will free me up to do more J2 work ;)