Randy, thanks a lot for your answer!

Do you know if there are plans to implement role-based
(and group-based) profiling in the future J2 releases?
I would think that role-based profiling is very
critical for real applications.

With the default global profiling, does it mean that
the profiling rule assigned to '*' users is used
UNLESS a different rule is assigned to specific users?
Or does  it apply to all users regardless of other
assignments?

Thanks,
Marina