Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot !! I do need help with security implementation. I would really really appreciate help !! I have gone thru the SPI interfaces and was trying to understand them.

In the meantime, I was preparing for a presentation tomorrow so I wanted to see if I can layout a proof of concept with Jetspeed2.

But I definately need help with the security implementation.

If you want, I can pose my question again ---

I have following security tables --

- user (username, password, userid etc.)
- groups (groupid, groupname)
- role (roleid, rolename)
- permission (permissionid, permissionname)
- role_permission
- group_role
- user_group

Now I am sure my DBA is going to yell on him if I ask him to change these tables !!! And David Sean Taylor advised that a good way of doing this would be to implement my own SPI provider. But then the mailing list advised me to see if it is feasible to adapt my tables ...

I am confused !! Help help !!!

I guess I can start the conversation back in the original "database question" thread because I guess it woudl be misguiding to have this discussion under this thread ...