I found the answer to the 3rd question (note this is for tomcat only):

Step 1:

The first step is to install the db.  For this you will need ant.  Open the
build.properties in the jetspeed-database\scripts directory.  It should have
the properties:

org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name=hsql
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url = jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://127.0.0.1:9001
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver = org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user = sa
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password =
org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path=./jdbc/hsqldb-1.7.1.jar

Change these to the appropriate values for your environment.  The valid values
for the name are:

hsql (hypersonic)
mssql (MS SQL Server)
mysql
oracle
postgres

The name determines which set of scripts to run.  The scripts are under the
directory:
jetspeed-database\scripts\DDL\<name> and jetspeed-database\scripts\DML\<name>

>From the jetspeed-database\scripts run 'ant db.create'

Step 2:
Copy the conf, shared, and webapp directories to your tomcat root.

Step 3:
Change the %CATALINA_HOME%/conf/Catalina/localhost/jetspeed.xml file to match
your database settings (see the tomcat documentation on setting up db
resources).

Step 4:
Start tomcat!

Please correct any mistakes i've made or add additional information.

Tom