Archana Turaga wrote:
Hi,

We really need to know when Jetspeed 1.6 is going to be released. We
need it more so because of its ability to support struts with Fusion and
we are depending on it very heavily for our implementation.

At the most we need to know what binaries from 2.0 are needed to get
fusion going since Jetspeed 2.0 adds a whole bunch of tables to the
database and we do not know which are needed and which are not.

Please let us know the release date or at-least give us a list of
binaries/tables that need to get fusion going on top of Jetspeed 1.6.

I know David said that it will be out Feb end and I also know that you
guys are all very busy but please can you let us know the status?

Thanks a lot for your co-operation.
Regards,
Archana

Well we now have a new complication with Fusion.
The CVS head for 2.0 will soon change its deployment model.
In the deployment branch, quite a few interfaces that Fusion is dependent on are now deleted.
The code doesn't even compile against this branch.

Once again, J2 developers have no consideration for Fusion.
Perhaps we should formally call a vote on the jetspeed-dev list:
1. deprecate fusion
-or--
2. require developers to test fusion

Frankly the whole situation has led to me becoming less and less involved in Jetspeed as my contributions are devaluated.
Anyway, enough of my whining.

What we could do put out the 1.6 release with 2.0 M1
But since the deployment is changing in M2, this means that Fusion is stuck at M1 until someone comes along and refactors the Fusion deployment.

Im open to suggestions

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software