Thanks for the input.

What we have is an Oracle Forms app running in an IFrame, applets, JSP application and portlet(s). We need one repository for maintianing user information. LDAP is not an option unfortunately. Users can change passwords in each application at the moment, so the change would need to be propogated between all the applications.

Thanks

Jon

Roger Ruttimann wrote:

There is an SSO component in Jetspeed.
You can add remote credentials for a Jetspeed group or user to the credential store.
Look at the SSO portlets how to use the credentials store.

We use SSO to manage db credentials and web access. We attach remote credentials to groups (e.g Application1, Application2,..) and then assign users to that group. If a user logs into Jetspeed and tries to access a protected application/site it will use the remote credentials if the user is a member of the group.

Roger

Jeff Linwood wrote:

Hi,

One approach would be for your portlet to use the portlet API's user
preferences to store the user's username and passwords for each of the
portlet applications. The user would authenticate to Jetspeed (or any
other portlet-API compatible portal), and then the portlets would log
the user in from the stored username and password in preferences.

Jeff