I don't believe that's the case, since the http request will consist
simply of "GET /" in either case.  It's the client browser that assumes
the implicit trailing / in this case, not the server.  To my knowledge,
the server would have no way to distinguish between the two cases.

--
Craig Berry - (310) 570-4140
VP Technology