At 10:46 02/23/01, Kobus du Toit wrote:
>This is what I want to do:
>Create a log in screen like the Jetspeed screen
>After log in produce a screen with frames and my own content and the
>portlets.

My suggestion (in JSP terms, the velocity solution should work
accordingly). I assume html as markup:

- Modify the screen/html/login.jsp to suit your needs.
- create a layouts/html/frames.jsp that defines several frames. Change the
default template setting in TR.p to "frames".
   --> your "home url" will be "[...]/portal" (which get's extended b with
the default template to: "[...]/portal/template/frames")
- The frame containing the portlets should point to something like
"[...]/portal/template/home"
- Modify the layout/html/default.jsp according to your needs (e.g. strip of
the includion of the navigations)

What'll happen is following:
* the URL "[...]/portal/template/frames" will cause turbine to forward the
request to layouts/html/frames.jsp
* the URL "[...]/portal/template/home" will cause turbine to forward the
request to layouts/html/default.jsp (as there is no layouts/html/home.jsp),
this default.jsp will build up the jetspeed screen as you know it.

Note: this will not work with 1.3a1, but only with cvs head as the alpha
one has not the functionality that the layout gets choosen according to the
template (screen).

Hope it works, never tried it actually...

ingo.