I can run my web app using jetty-maven-plugin by setting the following:
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
        <artifactId>jetty-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <systemProperties>
             <systemProperty>
               <name>java.security.auth.login.config</name>
               <value>src/main/resources/jetty/jaas.conf</value>
            </systemProperty>
          </systemProperties>
        <dependencies>
           <dependency>
              <groupId>org.planner</groupId>
              <artifactId>org.planner.security</artifactId>
              <version>${project.version}</version>
          </dependency>
         </dependencies>
 </plugin>

But the above is only for the development. I want to test how it works in a
production environment, so I run the following from the command line
in jetty-distribution-8.0.1.v20110908 and got the login module class not
found exception:
   java
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=file://D:/projects/ap/jetty-distribution-8.0.1.v20110908/conf/jaas.conf
-jar start.jar
here I copied my login moduel jar to jetty-distribution-8.0.1.v20110908/lib.
JAASLoginService is configured in jetty-web.xml packaged in the war, so it
should be well because it runs well with jetty-maven-plugin.

If I put my login module jar
in  jetty-distribution-8.0.1.v20110908/lib/ext, the login module is founded
when I did the log in operation on the web UI, but maybe it is the system
class path, so I got Credential class not found exception.

It should be a class loader issue, but I am newer to Jetty, so I do not know
where to put the jar in the jetty distribution.

Thanks for your response!