Flute teachers wil tell you the way to make vibrato is to vary the air stream
from your diaphragm, like ph-ph-ph-ph-ph.

I'm a sax player who doubles on flute, so I haven't learned to control it yet
(I don't think it's easy). I use the old sax jaw vibrato (which will probably
give all the flute players/teachers on the list apoplexy).

I would think that Adrienne Greenbaum would be able to give us a definitive
answer. Adrienne?

Dick Rosenberg

> Hello flutists:
>
> Could someone please explain to me off-line or suggest a book on how to make the
> lovely vibrato on the flute?  I especially like the way James Galway does it.
>
> Zeyt Gezunt,
>
> Mary

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash