[Sorry, sent the previous message too quickly by mistake]

My home server crashed yesterday overnight, and when I rebooted it in
the morning, fsck segfaulted when checking my /var partition. My
system is Gentoo Linux ~amd64, jfsutils version 1.1.15, kernel 4.0.7.

Since I wanted the machine back and running as soon as possible, I
mounted /var read-only, copied off whatever I could, and formatted the
partition again, but I saved an image of the partition before doing
that. Here's the jfs_fsck output:

,-----
| # jfs_fsck -v /dev/loop1
| jfs_fsck version 1.1.15, 04-Mar-2011
| processing started: 8/22/2015 21:24:37
| Using default parameter: -p
| The current device is:  /dev/loop1
| Open(...READ/WRITE EXCLUSIVE...) returned rc = 0
| Primary superblock is valid.
| The type of file system for the device is JFS.
| Block size in bytes:  4096
| Filesystem size in blocks:  2097152
| **Phase 0 - Replay Journal Log
| LOGREDO:  Log record for Sync Point at:    0x011f85e4
| LOGREDO:  Beginning to update the Inode Allocation Map.
| Napaka segmentacije (izpis jedra)
`-----

Last line is "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". I can provide the
core file if needed. Note that I also tried jfs_fsck from
SystemRescueCD 4.5.2, and it also segfaulted.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><><><><><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

           Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.