On Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 1:43:51, alanb wrote:

> Using gddrescue I created a 2TB disk image file from a good 2TB drive
> onto a good 4TB drive, the performance at the start was as expected,
> however once it reached about 1TB the performance dropped from about
> 100-120Mb/s down to 3-5Mb/s.

I just noticed the exact same problem myself, except that for me
transfer speeds drop when the file reaches around 128GB in size (which
makes my jfs volumes unusable for storing local backup images).

I did find this (I was looking at why jfscommit has high CPU usage):
<http://sourceforge.net/p/jfs/mailman/message/27476050/>, but it
appears that nothing has been done to address this.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

A Smith and Wesson beats four aces.
       -- Canada Bill Jones's Supplement