Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> It's a SuSE 7.1 which has "gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)".
>
>>Unfortunately I cannot say for sure whether my upgrade of gcc fixed it
>>or some updates of JFS.
>>But I think one time after Shaggy asked me what gcc version I used, I
>>tried compiling a kernel which I had JFS oops with, with gcc 2.95.3 and
>>everything was fine.

> Hmm, I just thought I give it a try with the newest 2.4 kernel and
> the current JFS 1.0.21, but if you say I also have to upgrade my
> compiler that I probably just leave it as it is, because I just do
> not have the time to upgrade gcc or the distribution... (And this

By the way, your gcc version is just fine. As I wrote before the kernel
version that caused the oops, recompiled with 2.95.3 worked fine.
What I meant by upgrading was that I upgraded my gcc 3.2.x (cvs).
2.95.2 is ok as well.

So it definitely seems to be about JFS and not about the compiler.

Regards,
Axel Siebenwirth