At 13:37 28.01.2003 +0100, Jan Hudec wrote:
On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 03:20:34AM -0800, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:57:47AM +0100, Jan Hudec wrote:
>
> > So you can only setquota for the users that actualy log in
>
> the API allows you to set quota for any valid uid/gid

Yes, it does. But since there is many more valid users than those
actualy using the system, you don't want to... And a logged in user is
sure valid, so no problem there, right?

> > Well, it get's complicated, but you still can setquota in the local
> > delivery process... I know it get's a bit complicated...
>
> sure, this is a perfectly legitimate argument and a fairly reasonable
> solution to this case

If it finaly got too complicated, you could add a simple code to kernel,
that would run_usermodehelper and provide a user mode program to fix
things up. That might even get a chance of being accepted. (And it would
be more flexible since it can get the default quota from LDAP etc...)
is there an example( another place in the kernel where the kernel callback a userspace tool)

can you point me to the place (the function) where the quota entry/object will be created for new users,
so this should be the location where the userspace tool should be callback...

that would be a cool solution, witch I could accept too:-)

metze