Hi there,

I'm experimenting with JFS and EVMS at the moment (very impressive so
far), and for kicks I installed it on my 260 which I have dual booting
AIX 5.1 and Linux.  After some tweaking I was able to make EVMS discover
all my LVs.

I was unable to make Linux JFS recognise the AIX JFS2 filesystems on the
LVs and after browsing the JFS website it seems that JFS2 were based on
the same OS/2 code base but are not the same.  So, how feasible is it
to make the Linux JFS codebase read AIX JFS2 filesystems (from reading it
would seem that AIX JFS1 would be hard)?  Also, (and this is really
a rhetorical question), what was the point in coding AIX LVM support in
EVMS if AIX filesystem support was not intended in Linux for JFS?

Thanks,

Leigh.