On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:03:00AM -0600, Neil Carlson wrote:
> Anyone here know whether the RH 9.0 upgrade procedure knows how to
> deal with a JFS root partition (not the same thing as general JFS
> support in their kernels)?

> Previous versions, including 8.0, would die early on, not expecting a
> JFS root partition.

Funny, I thought mkinitrd would arrange the neccessary modules onto the
ramdisk image (including jfs if such is needed). Don't the package
kernels even come with reiser and ext3 as modules and those can
certainly be used for root fs.

--
It is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe.
It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead.