On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 04:23, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi!
>  i cannot any more mount a 7GB jfs filesystem. when i try to fsck.jfs it, fsck
> stops complining about -11024 internal error... my fsck version is 1.1.1. Seems
> that the file that fires the error  (fsckmeta.c) didn't change very much in
> 1.1.3 (i think it only changed the way it outputs error messages) but anyway the
> error could not be local to that file. where can i find a  statically linked
> 1.1.3 fsck.jfs? is that worth to try with that?

I can't recall seeing this error before.  I don't expect the 1.1.3
fsck.jfs to help, but you never know.  Why statically linked?  Is this
your root filesystem?

> please is there a way to recover as much data as i can? any trick/hack? i annot
> ever dd from that device to a file in an other filesystem because that device is
> bigger than 2GB :(

Are you able to mount the file system read-only?  You may be able to
recover most of the data this way.

Did fsck print any error messages prior to the -11024 internal error?
I'm trying to determine what would cause this error.

Thanks,
Shaggy
--
David Kleikamp