Hi. I logged this to the bugtracker; posting here as well. The corruption
occurred as I was making an rsync backup of /home to an ataraid drive with
jfs. (I was concerned that the drive /home is on is failing.) I browsed
the jfs_debugfs man page, but it's way out of my league. Thanks for your
time!

The system is Debian SID with kernel 2.4.24.

> sudo jfs_fsck /dev/ataraid/d1p1
jfs_fsck version 1.1.4, 30-Oct-2003
processing started: 1/20/2004 22.49.10
Using default parameter: -p
The current device is:  /dev/ataraid/d1p1
Block size in bytes:  4096
Filesystem size in blocks:  30013428
**Phase 0 - Replay Journal Log
**Phase 1 - Check Blocks, Files/Directories, and  Directory Entries
**Phase 2 - Count links
Incorrect link counts have been detected. Will correct.
**Phase 3 - Duplicate Block Rescan and Directory Connectedness
Directories (entries "..") referring to incorrect parent directories have
been detected.  Will correct.
**Phase 4 - Report Problems
Fileset object FF32:  No paths found.
cannot repair the data format error(s) in this file.
cannot repair FF32.  Will release.
**Phase 5 - Check Connectivity
File system object DF64 is linked as: /home
Segmentation fault

--
Joseph E. O'Doherty                 136 Hudson Hall
Dept. of Biomedical Engineering     P.O. Box 90281