On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 04:15, Zeno R.R. Davatz wrote:
> Hi
>
> My HDD with jfs does not want to get mounted.
>
> I do fsck.jfs -f and I get:
> Phase 1-6 ok
> Phase 7: Errors detected in the Fileset File/Directory Allocation Map control
> information
> Phase 8: Incorrect data detected in disk allocation structures and control structures
> File System  checked READ ONLY.

I'm not sure why fsck.jfs is checking the file system READ ONLY.
Normally it runs in read-write mode unless the -n flag is specified.
Other reasons for checking READ ONLY are if the file system is mounted
or if you do not have write access to the device.

Did fsck.jfs print any messages indicating why it was running read-only
before the phase 1 message?

> File System is dirty.
> File System is dirty but is marked clean. In its present state, the results of
> accessing /dev/hda3 (except by this utility) are undefined.

This is odd.  fsck.jfs is reporting that the file system is marked clean
(even though it decided it should be dirty), but the mount failure
indicates that it is not marked clean.

> Any hints?

I'm a bit confused.

> Thanks for your Feedback.