HI there.
Yeh I have had the same problem as you with nav5.
I was downloading a file from the net and heard the weep weep sound you
mentioned.
Basically the reason everything stops is because nav takes control of your
pc so the virus can't spread.
when you hear the weep weep again, you can press r for repair d for delete
and there are some other keys you can press but I can't remember them off
hand.
Also if you go in to nav and choose the tools menu then choose activity
log, scroll to the bottom of the logg and you will hear what kind of virus
you had and what action was taken.
Very usefull feature in my oppinion.
Hope this helps.

-