Hi, Scott and all.  I could tell that my message to you about turning off
the error correction was not as clear as it should have been.  For one
thing, it would help when writing mail if I was fully awake, but that's
another problem.-:)

    When in the message I told Walter the problem was with the receiving
modem and the JFW server, I should have said the modem the user is dialing
into, mainly your service provider for accessing the internet.  I have had
huge downloads mess up because of error correction.  Because of the fax
machines and printers I support at Xerox, we find that a lot of fax machines
don't have error correction which means customers can't receive faxes from
certain modems due to line noise or no error correction on the other modem
they are contacting.  Fax uses different error correction then data modems,
but the principle is the same.  I apologize to anyone for the confusing
message.  If you would like to discuss this further, please e-mail me
privately so as not to clutter up the list.

=Beth=
=Beth Hatch-Alleyne=
Justice Means Not Just Us.
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
Visit the jfw ml web page: http://jfw.cjb.net

Reply via email to