Hi Marius,
I'm experiencing problems similar to yours: I am quite sure the problem is
in the fact that, by default, JiBX thinks that OTA XML messages must respect
the order of elements as given in the schemas, whereas it is not so.
I'm writing a web service server about this, and 2 well known companies in
the field send OTA messages with a different order of elements.

The solution I found was to modify the binding.xml file and add a
ordered="false" attribute in the tags (<mapping> or <structure>) offended by
the incoming message.
It works, but it is boring, because it seems it cannot be stated one time
for all at codegen time that, to me, order is not important.
Please see the paragraph "Mixing it up" in
http://jibx.sourceforge.net/tutorial/binding-extras.html

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Vito Meuli