On 14/09/2015 20:11, Rahman USTA wrote:
Yes with "--limitmods com.greetings" the result as I expected. So, why jlink links all modules without resolving over the root "org.greetings" module? When jlink links all modules?

The -limitmods option is limiting the set of observable modules to com.greetings and its transitive dependences. Very useful for testing and also important when using the linker.

There isn't a jlink JEP yet but I would expect the issue as to whether the tool does service binding by default or not be listed in its open options. In the current prototype then it always does service binding so this is why the resulting image has the service provider modules and their dependences.

-Alan