The Java 9 support in Eclipse Neon is fairly limited right now. It understands
the new layout of the JRE and puts the platform modules on your build
classpath. It does not however understand the syntax of module-info.java, so
you will get red error markers in these files, and you will need to compile
them from the command line with javac. However it is just about usable for
experimenting with the module system.

Regards,
Neil