On 02/10/2016 18:34, Stephen Felts wrote:

I picked up javassist 3.21 to work around Jigsaw problems on JDK 9.  It works
great.  The only problem is that it no longer works on JDK 8.
Has anyone seen this problem?  Don't you hate it when you can't find
java.lang.String? :)

In a recent mail then Rafael Winterhalter also reports that Javaassit is working. The version wasn't mentioned but I got the impression that existing versions worked okay with builds that implement the current proposal for #ResourceEncapsulation/#ClassFilesAsResources.

In any case, the question about 3.21 on JDK 8 seems something for the Javaassit mailing list, assuming there is a list (I can't immediately find out so maybe it requires submitting an issue to the project on GitHub.

-Alan