It turns out that the trick of using 3.21 doesn't work for Jake any more.  So I
guess there is no work-around for me on that platform and I won't be working on
it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Bateman
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2016 9:17 AM
To: Stephen Felts; jigsaw-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: javassist broken on Jake

On 12/11/2016 13:42, Stephen Felts wrote:

> I've been trying to get a javassist that works in all environments.
>
> For a while, I created a multi release jar file that used Javassist 3.20 for
> pre-jdk9 and Javassist 3.21 for JDK9/Jake.  The JDK team wasn't happy about
> this use of multi release jar files but it worked great.
> Then 3.22.0-CR1 was released and I thought the problem was solved.  This is
> working for pre-JDK9 and JDK-9 but it's now failing on Jake (build 143).

As Claes noted, this is a new API in JDK 9 that is not final yet so some churn
is expected. It will be easier for Javassist once the API changes in jake get
to JDK 9. In the mean-time, here is the issue in Javassist JIRA tracking this
Mandy created it a few days ago):
    https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JASSIST-264

-Alan.