On 21/06/2017 09:27, Hamlin Li wrote:
:

Besides of it, I have some minor comments about the doc:

In section "Timing of provider discovery", it says as below:

Each invocation of the|iterator|method returns an|Iterator|that first yields all of the elements cached from previous iteration, in **instantiation order**, and then lazily locates and instantiates any remaining providers, adding each one to the cache in turn.

But in API doc for iterator(), it says:

Caching: The iterator returned by this method first yields all of the elements of the provider cache, in **the order that they were loaded**

There is an inconsistency here, it would be clearer to say that it's the order that they were loaded and instantiated. This wording has been there since Java SE 6 but I agree it all needs to be re-examined. So at some point there will be another big update to the ServiceLoader javadoc but more likely to be for Java SE 10 given that JDK 9 is at GAC this week.

-Alan