Hi,

Comments below...

On 07/12/17, 8:54 PM, Claes Redestad wrote:
Hi Sundar,

thanks for picking this up so quick!

On 2017-12-07 16:21, Sundararajan Athijegannathan wrote:
Updated: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8192986/webrev.01/

Looks ok, butunless my understanding is flawed it seems the logic is now getting more strict about a directory on the module path containing a well-formed module. Should this be made more graceful, say ignore empty directories? Maybe just warn about malformed and/or missing modules?
I'd prefer stricter checks. But I'd like to hear from others as well...
Nits:

JlinkTask: resolves module-info.class twice (resolve once and pass as parameter?)

Yes, I'll fix that.

ExplodedModuleNameTest:

  58         if (helper == null) {
  59             System.err.println("Test not run");
  60             return;
  61         }

Should this fail the test (by throwing an exception)?

This is similar to other tests. For eg. ModuleNamesOrderTest

  66         // rename the module containing directory
67 Path renamedModDir = modDir.resolveSibling("modified_mod8192986"); 68 // copy the content from original directory to modified name directory
  69         copyDir(modDir, renamedModDir);

Any reason not to use Files.move(modDir, renamedModDir|,StandardCopyOption.REPLACE_EXISTING|) instead of copying here?

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/nio/file/Files.html#move(java.nio.file.Path,%20java.nio.file.Path,%20java.nio.file.CopyOption...)

"To move a file tree may involve copying rather than moving directories and this can be done using the copy method in conjunction with the Files.walkFileTree utility method."

Thanks,
-Sundar

Thanks!

/Claes